Keepers Child Safety
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW) YOU ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES. Last Updated: Feb 2021
We at Keepers Child Safety Ltd. d.b.a Keepers ("Keepers" "us", "we", or "our") recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you and your child when you visit and use our website ("Site") and/or mobile application ("App") and other related services ("Services"), as well as when you install the App on your child’s mobile device. This Privacy Notice also explains how we may process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. “You” means any parent or legal guardian of a child using the App with respect to their minor child, as well as the child under the age of 17, for which you hold parental responsibility, on whose mobile device you install the App (“Child”).
Keepers Child Safety Ltd. is the data controller in respect of certain processing activities outlined in this Privacy Notice. Our registration number 515405066.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a Child, you may receive or have access to certain Personal Information (as defined below) of your Child. In such capacity, you will be considered a co-controller of any Personal Information made available and/or provided and/or collected by you.
"Personal Information" means any information that refers to, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law.
Privacy Notice Key Points
Below are some key points about how we use and collect your Personal Information. If you want more information about how we use and collect your Personal Information, please read the rest of this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information We Collect. When you register, we collect Personal Information provided by you, such as your name, email address and name, mobile phone number and any additional information you may provide us of another parent or legal guardian of your child and your Child’s name and date of birth and phone number. We also (automatically) collect information about your and your child’s use of the App, Services and/or Site and text messages sent and received by your Child on his or her mobile device and, subject to your consent as may be required under applicable law, your Child’s (geo)location. We may also collect 'special categories of data', as such term is defined in the General Data Protection Regulation. If you contact us for questions or complaints, we will collect the information related to your inquiry.
The basis for Processing Your Personal Information. Processing your and your child’s Personal Information is necessary for the provision of the App, Site and/or Services to you. Processing for the purposes of developing and enhancing our products and services, for marketing purposes, including a provision of newsletters, for analytics and usage analysis, for fraud prevention and security and for our recordkeeping and protection of our legal rights – are all necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests that we pursue. All processing for marketing purposes is restricted solely to the Personal Information of any parent or legal guardian.
How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information (including Personal Information) we collect mainly to provide the App, Services, and Site, contact you with administrative information and improve the App, Services, and Site.
Sharing the Personal Information We Collect. We may share the Personal Information we collect with our service providers and subcontractors who assist us in the operation of the App, Services and Site and process the information on our behalf and under our instructions. We also share a Child's information with its parent or legal guardian that installed the App on its Child's phone, as well as such additional parent or person designated by you.
International Transfer. We may use service providers and/or subcontractors and/or cooperate with or have business partners and affiliates located in countries other than your own, and send them your and your Child's Personal Information. If and before we will do so we will ensure to have agreements in place with such parties ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice. You hereby consent to such international transfer.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable law and additional rights as set forth below, you and/or your Child may have a right to access, update and/or delete your Child's and/or your Personal Information and obtain a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you or your Child, as applicable. You can change your mind at any time about your election to receive marketing communications from us such as our newsletter. You also have the right to object at any time to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Retention. We retain information for as long as necessary for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice. Your Child’s messages are stored in an encrypted database on your device for a certain period of time, per your configuration of the Services’ settings.
Security. We implement industry standard measures aimed at reducing the risks of damage and unauthorized access or use of Personal Information, but they do not provide absolute information security.
Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time and shall notify you and your Child of such changes.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you, an additional parent or legal guardian if you provide us with such parent’s or legal guardian’s name and email, and your Child when you choose to use our App and/or Services and install the App on your Child’s mobile device. We also collect information from you, when you choose to use our Site. If you provide us the phone number of another parent of legal guardian of the Child, you represent and warrant that you have the right to provide us with such information, including, where required under applicable law, such person’s consent. In order to use our App and/or receive related Services, you will be required to register and provide us with certain Personal Information about yourself and your Child. We also collect Personal Information when you make use of the App and Site, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, complete online forms, or contact us for any other reason.
Examples of the Personal Information that we collect from you may include your name and email address, as well as the name of any additional parent or legal guardian you provide us. We also collect your Child’s name, phone number, date of birth and text messages sent and/or received by your Child on his or her mobile device, including on any social media and/or other applications installed on your Child's device. In addition, we collect your Child's mobile and internet activities from devices on which the Services have been installed such as a number of hours of activities online and subject to your consent as may be required under applicable law, your Child’s (geo)location and other information regarding his or her use of their mobile device. The manner in which third-party social networks use, store, and disclose information is governed by their policies, and Keepers shall have no liability or responsibility for their privacy practices or other actions.
In addition, when you or your Child use the App and/or Site, certain information may be automatically gathered about your computer or mobile device, such as operating system, browser, IP address and device identifier, as well as your browsing history on our Site.
It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any such Personal Information, but if you refuse to provide such information we may not be able to register you to the App and/or Site and/or provide you with the Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
General We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers may use the Personal Information we collect from and about you and/or your Child for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the App, Site and/or Services; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests, contact and communicate with you; (3) to develop new products or services and conduct analyses to improve our current content, products, and Services; (4) to contact you with informational newsletters and promotional materials relating to our App, Site and Services (solely on the basis of Personal Information of parents or legal guardians); (5) to review the usage and operations of our App and Site; (6) to use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes (as detailed below); (7) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our App, Site and Services, and address any problems with the App, Site and/or Services and (8) to provide customer support.
Statistical Information By analyzing all information, we receive, including all information concerning users, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users ("Statistical Information"). Statistical Information helps understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. Statistical Information is anonymous and aggregated and we will not link Statistical Information to any Personal Information. We may share such Statistical Information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
Legal Uses We may use Personal Information as required or permitted by any applicable law. Disclosure of Information We may share your information, including Personal Information, as follows: Business Partners, Service Providers, Affiliates, and Subcontractors We may disclose information, including Personal Information we collect from and/or about you and/or your Child, to our trusted service providers, business partners, affiliates, subcontractors, who may use such information to: (1) help us provide you with the App, Site and/or Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our App, Site, and Services. International Transfer We may use subcontractors and service providers and have business partners and affiliates who are located in countries other than your own and send them information we receive (including Personal Information). We will ensure that these third parties will be subject to written agreements ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice. You hereby consent to such international transfer.
The parent or Legal Guardian In addition to yourself, we may disclose Personal Information we collect from and/or about your Child to such additional parent or other person designated by you. Business Transfers We may transfer our databases containing Personal Information if we sell our business or part of it. Law Enforcement Related Disclosure We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity, behavior or digital content, including in the event of any user suspected to have engaged in the illegal or infringing behavior. We may also share Personal Information with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of this Privacy Notice); (ii) to protect the rights, property or safety of third parties; (iii) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues; or (iv) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation. You can request such Personal Information as specified herein by emailing us at info@KeepersChildSafety.net. Other Uses or Transfer of Your Information We allow you to use our App, Site, and Services in connection with third-party services, sites, and/or mobile applications. If you use our App, Site and/or Services with or through such third-parties, we may receive information (including Personal Information) about you from those third parties. Please note that when you use third-parties outside of our App, Site and/or Services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services. How We Protect Information We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. How to Access and Limit Our Use of Certain Information You and/or your Child have certain rights in relation to the Personal Information that we hold about you and/or your Child, as detailed below. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information and/or comply with any of your requests, as detailed below:‘Special categories of data’ means information about:
- Right to Access and Data Portability. You and/or your Child have a right to know what Personal Information we collect about you and/or your Child and, in some cases, to have the information communicated to you and/or your Child. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you and/or your Child may be entitled to obtain from us a copy of the Personal Information you and/or your Child provided to us (excluding information that we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and you and/or your Child may have the right to (request that we) transmit such Personal Information to another party. If you and/or your Child wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know what information, in particular, you and/or your Child would like to receive and/or transmit. Subject to applicable law, we may charge you with a fee. Please note that we may not be able to provide you and/or your Child with all the information you and/or your Child request, for instance, if the information includes Personal Information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you and/or your Child with information that you and/or your Child have asked for, we will endeavor to explain to you and/or your Child why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible.
- Right to Correct Personal Information. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you and/or your Child may request that we update, correct or delete inaccurate or outdated Personal Information and/or that we suspend the use of Personal Information, the accuracy of which you and/or your Child may contest, while we verify the status of that Personal Information. We will correct your and/or your Child's Personal Information within a reasonable time from the receipt of your written request thereof.
- Deletion of Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you and/or your Child have a right to have Personal Information that we hold about you and/or your Child deleted. Should you and/or your Child wish to have any Personal Information about you and/or your Child deleted, please contact us, using the contact information specified in this Privacy Notice. Subject to applicable law, we will delete Personal Information provided to us by a user within a reasonable time from the receipt of a written (including via email) request by such user to delete such collected Personal Information. We cannot restore information once it has been deleted. Please note that to ensure that we do not collect any further Personal Information, you and/or your Child should also delete our App from your mobile devices and terminate your account with us and clear our cookies from any device where you and/or your Child have used our App and/or Site. We may retain certain Personal Information (including following your and/or your Child's request to delete) for audit and record-keeping purposes, as well as other purposes, all as permissible and/or required under applicable law. We may also retain your and/or your Child's information in an anonymized form.
- Account Deactivation. You can ask us to deactivate your account by contacting us using the information below. In order to deactivate your account, we may ask you for additional information. You can also log out of your account – when you do, we will stop collecting information from you.
- Direct Marketing Opt Out. You can change your mind at any time about your election to receive marketing communications from us. If you do, please notify us by contacting us as detailed in this Privacy Notice. We will process your request as soon as reasonably possible, however, it may take a few days for us to update our records before any opt-out is effective.
- Right to Object. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information including for the purpose of marketing.
- Supervisory Authority. If you and/or your Child are a European Citizen, you and/or your Child may have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
Data Retention We retain information as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you and/or your Child, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above. Cookies and Similar Technologies What are Cookies? A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to a user's browser or device. The browser provides this piece of text to the device of the originating user when this visitor returns.
- A "session cookie" is temporary and will remain on your device until you leave the Site.
- A “persistent” cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. It will remain on your device for much longer or until you delete it.
- First-party cookies are placed by us, while third-party cookies may be placed by a third party. We use both first- and third-party cookies.
- Information may also be collected through web beacons, which are small graphic images ("pixel tags"), which usually work together with cookies in order to identify users and user behavior. These may be shared with third parties.
- Google Analytics
- Fabric Crashalytics
- AWS Cloud
- Google Firebase
- Vodafone CRM Services
- Facebook App Event